From wags to whiskers, feathers and hooves
they'll always be a part
For with them our lives are richly blessed
with those pawprints on our hearts

© Christina aka Stina

Wags 2 Whiskers is a fun friendship group of people who love their furbabies. Whether they are four-legged, feathered, have hooves, horns or fins - all animals are a precious gift to treasure!
If you would like to join us, please stop by Wags 2 Whiskers

Monday, April 6, 2009

Wag'n Tails - Stina

Dear Human Friends,
 
Firstly...let me make one thing perfectly clear. I AM HUMAN! I don't think I'm human - I KNOW I'm human!
 
1. I do not live outside - because I'm human;
2.  I do not sleep outside - because I'm human;
3. I do not sleep in a kennel - because I'm human;
4. I do not sleep on a doggy bed (perish the thought) - because I'm human;
5. I do not eat dog food - because I'm human;
6. I DO live indoors - because I'm human;
7. I DO sleep indoors - because I'm human;
8. I DO share my bed with mummy and daddy - because I'm human and I'm their CHILD;
9. I am kind enough to share the couch with everyone - because I'm human;
10. I DO eat REAL food like chicken fillets, steak and sausages - because I'm human;
11. I love the car - because I'm human;
12. I love people - because I'm human;
13. All visitors that come to this house come to see ME - because I'm human and this is MY house;
14. And I can write this to you - because I'm human!!
 
So....do we make ourselves clear??  We understand each other then?  I AM NOT A DOG - I AM HUMAN. I even have a human name.  Not Fifi, Rover or Fido. My name is Ciara.  A human name.  I am even the crowned princess of this palace - HRH Lady Princess Ciara is my full title - but you can just call me Ciara.
 
Now if I WERE a dog I would be a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I am 3 years old - turning 4 this month - YAY! Happy birthday to me!
I love everything and everyone!  Although I don't like baths and mummy so kindly gave me one today, then threatened me with another because now I smell like Pinetarsol which is yukky, but I still don't want another bath.  What I DO want is walkies....in the car!  Car is friend.  I go everywhere in the car.  Mummy goes to the shops, I go too.  Mummy goes collecting brochures, I go too.  Mummy goes Avon delivering, I go too. See the car is MINE too!  Mummy is my chauffeur. I sit in the back just as all royalty does and I simply lap it up.  *sigh* I love the car.
 
My favourite colour is RED! I love everything red.  Even MY car is red! Although my other car is blue the one I ride in the most is red.  Red is fun!  Mummy bought me a sausage dog that squeaks and it is RED!  I love it! I bite it and chew it and pull its ears off and then the stuffing....it's so much fun!  And all the while it squeaks.  I even have a chicken that has a removable belly which is also red, but why would I want to to remove the belly?  One, it's red, and two, it has a squeaker in there too! And I love squeaky things!  I have lots of toys, most of which are red....but I love rope!  Mummy and I play rope and the time and I tug and tug at it and growl, but it's just fun.  I would never hurt mummy.  Daddy plays tug with me too with my Kong Wubba toy and even my chicken.  He grabs one end in his mouth just like me, and I grab the other and we tug and pull and see who wins.  It's so much fun!!
 
Dinners are always exciting at my place.  Although I'm a tad confused as to when dinner time is now that daylight savings has ended. Mummy gives me chicken, rice and veges and they are so yum!!  She even sprinkles some liver sprinkles on top!  YUMMO!  And if mummy forgets to close the sliding door to the main part of the house, I usually manage to sneak in and stretch out on MY bed.  Always like a nap after dinner.  Mummy tries to coax me off but I just roll over on my back for bellyrubs and say "Aren't I cute mum?"  And then, mummy serves dinner for her and daddy and I'm off the bed in a flash!  I go from mummy to daddy at the table, hoping for titbits.  Their dinner always smells so yum.  I usually stick my head under daddy's arm and poke my nose through to spy what's on his plate.  *sigh* Gotta love me!
 
And then at the end of the day, I'm exhausted!  I try and tell mummy when it's bedtime but she's usually busy, so I take myself off to bed if she has left the door open.  But after a while it's not the same without mummy there....so I get up again and come and see if she's ready yet. She usually isn't and I end up napping at her feet. But the moment she moves, I'm up like a flash!  She always takes me out for a last pee of the night, but with the grass as long as it is, I'm reluctant to trek through that jungle.  Sometimes she carries me to the shorter grass but I just turn round and run back down the steps again....prancing over the longer grass.  Mummy puts her hands on her hips and calls me a little minx. hehehe But she wuvs me. After all, how can you resist me?
 
Then we climb into bed.  I hardly give mummy a chance to get comfy when I'm up on the bed and between her legs with my head on her thigh - it's a comfy pillow my furry friends....mark my word - try it, you'll see!  And then she has the audacity to wriggle and fidget while I, HRH Lady Princess Ciara, am trying to sleep!  Doesn't she know this is MY bed and I am kind enough to allow her to sleep there?  What a fidget she can be...I have give her a kick now and then just to remind her who's boss. And when she's moving into MY personal space.  Us Princesses need our space when sleeping. We like to stretch out.  I just wish mummy would remember that sometimes...sheesh! It really is tough training these humans, isn't it?
 
Anyway...I must go. Royal duties to attend to and all... Catch ya all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment